Terms of Sale
Latest update: July 14, 2021
These Terms of Sale (the “Terms”) are between Dorel Industries, Inc. (“Dorel”) and you, the consumer who purchases our products through our website with the name and address indicated in the orderform (the “Customer”). These Terms are effective upon your consent to the Terms at the moment that you purchase the Products. If you have any questions on these Terms, you may reach out to us:
Dorel Juvenile Canada
2855 Argentia Road, unit 4
- Creation of Accounts. Some features in relation to the sale of the Products may only be available through the creation of a registered account with us. These features may include available information, such as your purchase history. If you decide to create an account with us, you agree to keep your password secure. If you do not preserve the confidentiality of your account, we are not responsible for the actions which occurs on your account, including any purchase.
- You must use the Products in accordance with the documentation, including the instructions of the manufacturers which are provided with the Products.
- If the Products are involved in a collision or otherwise damaged, the safety and efficacy of the Products may be diminished. Customer must follow applicable safety regulations, such as the Highway Safety Code. We are not responsible for improper use of our Products.
- Description of Products. The Products are described on our website, along with any characteristics and technical specifications. If the Products does not conform with such description, you may return the Products in accordance with these Terms. The pricing for each Product is itemized in your order form prior for making the purchase, once you check out of your cart. All fees are in Canadian dollars.
- Out of Stock Products. You agree and acknowledge that some Products may be out of stock or unavailable from time to time. We strive to keep our list of Products and their corresponding fees updated and current, however, there may be discrepancies between the Products available through the Services and the actual inventory. If a Product is out of stock or unavailable, we will contact you by phone and/or text messages to inform you and help you replace the Products that are out of stock or unavailable. If you do not respond to our attempts, you agree that we may remove the out of stock or unavailable Product(s) from your Order, and we will not charge you for such out of stock or unavailable Products.
- Changing or Cancelling Orders.
- You may change or cancel your order at any time until shipment. However, this period is usually very short. To change or cancel your order, please contact our Customer Care representatives using the live chat on our website or by-phone, at the contact details set forth under Section 9 below.
- Occasionally, an order or part of an order may be cancelled for various reasons, such as if your payment information or shipping address could not be verified. If your order is cancelled, you will receive a notice regarding your order via e-mail. You will not be billed for any cancelled items.
- We reserve our right to limit or refuse any order you place with us. We also reserve our right to verify the validity of all orders and/or cancel any order if we find evidence of fraud, tampering and/or any other violation of the Terms.
- We may limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order with or without notice. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address.
- Order Confirmation. While it is our practice to confirm orders by email, the receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a Product.
- Shipping is free for any purchase over fifty dollars ($50), except for the following postal codes which are excluded from free shipping and may be subject to additional fees. Please click here to see the list of postal code in the exclusion to the free shipping on orders over fifty dollars ($50).Please allow for two (2) business days for processing your order. Your deliveries are shipped through standard post services, and may be delayed for circumstances out of our control. We use UPS for most shipments. Shipping times may vary. We will provide tracking information for all orders. All ship and delivery dates communicated on our website or via e-mail are estimates only and are subject to change. Please note that delivery is only available in Canada. We deliver to the Canadian address identified in your order form.
- Damaged Delivery. If the Products appear to be damaged upon delivery, please refuse the delivery. If you have already accepted delivery and then find shipping damage, please contact the carrier immediately. Save all packaging material and paperwork, do not throw anything away. Contact our Customer Care representatives as explained under Section 9 below, we will provide you with instructions. If there is a Product missing from your order, you must also contact our Customer Care representatives.
- The prices of the Products available online may differ from those posted in stores, including those of distributors and third parties. Our manufacturers may also change their prices from time to time. We reserve our rights to change the prices without prior notice.
- Payment Terms.
- We accept payment by credit card or through PayPal. For your security, your billing name, address and phone must match the information that appears on your credit card monthly billing statement. We reserve the right to cancel any order that does not match these criteria.
- Any order, or attempted order, placed using a credit card/PayPal will reflect an authorization hold. While this hold appears to be a deduction from your available funds that is equal to the dollar amount of the order, the money is still in your account. This authorization hold is simply to ensure the funds are available to complete your order. Although most holds last for three (3) to seven (7) business days, the duration of these holds can vary greatly, please contact your card-issuing bank for their policy regarding authorization holds.
- Our Products are subject to Canadian Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) at 5% including items, shipping, and special handling. In addition, Provincial Sales Tax (“PST”) or Harmonized Sales Tax (“HST”) might apply, depending on the item and the destination of the shipment. The amount of sales tax charged to an order varies depending on the province the item(s) will be shipped to and local sales tax laws. You will be able to see the sales tax amount before submitting your order. Tax is calculated on the total selling price of each individual item and any shipping/handling in accordance with applicable tax laws.
- Return and Exchange Policy.
- Merchandise in new and unused condition may be returned up to thirty (30) days from the delivery date for an exchange or refund if the Products were purchased on our website. Merchandise will be accepted with an open box but the product must be in unused condition.
- To return or exchange a Product, you must first contact one of our Consumer Care representatives through our live chat on our website or by calling 1-888-521-6550 (Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM ET and Fridays 8:30 AM to 4:30ET).Our Customer Care representatives will provide you with a return tracking number and information.
- You are responsible for returning the Product in appropriate packaging and for any costs relating to shipping. We highly recommend to insure your package in case it is lost or damaged in transit, and requiring a signature upon receipt as proof of delivery.
- We are not responsible for any packages that cannot be confirmed as delivered to our warehouse. Once we receive your package with the tracking number and information, we will process your refund within up to seven (7) days. We do not accept exchange in the absence of an invoice.
- If you return a Product within thirty (30) days, we will refund your order entirely, excluding delivery fees, if applicable. Please allow for up to seven (7) from the receipt of your Products with the appropriate tracking number for us to process your refund.
- Except subject to the warranties set forth below, we do not guarantee that maintenance, replacement parts and repair service will be available after your purchase.
- Unless indicated otherwise in a Product description, our car seat Products are warranted against defective materials or workmanship for one (1) year from the date of the original purchase, and our strollers Products for two (2) years.
- The Warranties are only available for Products purchased through our website. You must have a copy of your invoice or proof of payment through our website.
- If the Products are still under warranty, you may return the defective Products to Dorel, and Dorel will either provide replacement parts and complete the repair prior for returning the Products to Customer, or will replace the Product. We reserve our right to substitute the Product with a substantially similar Product if the model or required part is discontinued or difficult to obtain. You can exercise your warranty by contacting us as follows:.
Hours of operation:
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. EST Monday through Thursday and from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Friday. NB:
Our Consumer Care representatives will provide you with a tracking number with a pre-paid shipping slip. You are responsible for packing the Product to prevent any damages as a result of the delivery.
- If you return a defective Product under warranty, the warranty shall be extended for a period equal to the time during which the Products are in our possession for the performance of the warranty, or pursuant to the recall of the Products or part of the Products.
- If our warranties are inferior to those applicable under applicable laws, such as consumer protection laws, we will comply with such warranties as well.
- Exclusion on warranties.
- The warranties do not apply if the damages arise from misuse, abuse, alteration, or any use of the Products in violation of the documented instructions provided to you, or in violation of applicable laws.
- The warranties do not apply to normal wear and tear.
- The warranties are not transferable. This means that if you sell your Product to another person, this person cannot take advantage of the warranties in these Terms.
- The warranties do not apply if you did not buy the Products on our website. You must have evidence of payment through our website.
- Modifications to the Terms. We may modify the Terms from time to time. However, the version applicable to you will be the version which you agreed to at the time of your purchase. You can view previous versions of our Terms. The latest modification date is indicated at the top of the Terms.
- The parties to these Terms have requested these Terms to be written in English. Les parties à ces termes ont demandé qu’ils soient rédigés en anglais.